Skip to main content

September 11, 2017




Hello Everyone,

I actually managed to get all of the days typed and my email sent rather than delete it.  As usual I will have a big email full of my days and moments, and what I have found is that there are a lot of opportunities and moments when on your mission. A mission is never about the person serving, it is about the people you serve. You don't improve your testimony with the intention of using it for yourself, but you use your testimony to help others realize what God and the gospel can do for them.

Sept 5, 2017
When I came out here on my mission I was pretty excited, but I soon found that missionary work was not what I expected. The world is a different place and people may not always take kindly to missionaries. It has come to me that when you teach and the person doesn't accept what you have taught, it doesn't mean the lesson was a waste of time or effort. It means that you and God now know that no matter the circumstance, you are willing to share the gospel. "Dare to be a Mormon, dare to stand alone, dare to have a purpose firm, dare to make it known". This is how I would describe my day, many appointments that didn't happen and a lot of people who weren't interested, but we did meet with a few people and even though they weren't totally sold in learning about our church, I was glad that I got to know them.

Sept 6, 2017 
Today was as normal as it gets. I did find myself missing home and a lot of other people, places, and things, but I also found the cure to homesickness: serving and loosing yourself in the mission. 

Sept 7, 2017
Today I had exchange, and I spent the day with Elder Jones. I had fun and I really like getting to know other missionaries and hearing their testimony.  It's an inspiration to me and a lot of the times I look to strive to be like those who have been out longer. We visited a lot of potentials and well...we kind of dropped all of them, so now we have no potential investigators in that area. For the rest of the time, we visited with strangers along a small pond. It was a pretty grumpy day for people because no one wanted to listen, but we've got to keep pushing forward.

Sept 8, 2017
Today we had weekly planning and we were unable to get that done so we are probably going to have to do that on Sunday. We rode our bikes all over and again not very many people would even look at us. We did have one appointment with Michael and that actually happened. We taught him about the Restoration and he accepted baptism, but he doesn't want to make a date until he reads more of the Book of Mormon. I hope he does.

Sept 9, 2017
Another exchange, but this one was with Elder Lee who is an "Asian Canadian"--those are his words by the way--and he is an awesome missionary. He is also my Zone leader. He taught me throughout the day and showed me the way to strengthen my testimony as well as share it more. He is very spiritual and I hope to go on another exchange with him soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 7, 2018

Hey Everyone,   So today is transfers and because it is transfers it makes it all the harder to write emails, but since I have not written a group email in a while I decided I was going to at least do that.      To start I am moving from the Birch Hills Ward, which is one of the most northern parts of my mission, down to Tustin Meadows, which is the most southern part of my mission. Sounds like a long way doesn't it? Well, in truth it isn't that far at all, because my mission being pretty small.  In fact, it is the smallest proselyting mission in the world. Not quite sure how it will go, but I do have high hopes in everything.      This week, as well as every other week, has been an amazing experience. The biggest part of these last few weeks was having Elder Uchdorf come and speak to us in a mission conference, and also getting to shake his hand was pretty cool too.  It is difficult to describe the amazing feeling that filled my heart as I listened to him speak to us

August 24, 2017

Hey everyone,       So, like last time I will put together a day-to-day email, and trust me these last few days have been pretty eventful. Monday, 8/14/2017      Today was pretty eventful. It was my first P-day today and let's just say that laundry is now my least favorite activity ever. The story goes like this....We were going to do laundry, so we gather the cloths and head down to the washer and dryer which is in a separate building, and we realize that we need a special card to use the washers, so we call the other elders who had the apartment before us and they tell us where the special card is. We head back to the house get the card and head back to the washers and then we come to find out there is not enough money on it so we call another elder and ask to use their card. They are in another complex across the street so we walk over and get the card and then we come back and grab our clothes from our house and head to the washer only to find out that it is also a ba

MTC Highlights

July 22, 2017 Dear Mom, I'm pretty happy that I can finally email you. Not being able to for these first couple days kinda made it hard. The MTC is actually pretty cool and the food is not so bad either (your food is better mom), but I just want to get out into the field and start teaching out there. I've already seen a lot of people I know and a lot of people that look like someone I know, like my companion. July 22, 2017 Hey Everyone, I have missed you all and can't wait to hear from all of you. The MTC is actually pretty cool with its good food and the thousands of people you meet everyday. What really made my day was being able to play some sports for my exercise time which was one thing I was afraid I wast going to be able to do. In all honesty I did not realize how far out of my comfort zone I would be going when I came out on this mission. I love being out here, but part of me can't wait to see you all again in 726 days. If you get th